On behalf of one of our estimated client, a worldwide top-leader American company operating in the Food Process industry, manufacturing and selling their products in more than 90 countries worldwide, we are currently looking for the top talented EMEA Packaging Engineer to be based in Switzerland.
Position: EMEA Packaging Engineer
Report to: EMEA and APAC R&D Lead
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Negotiable (Based on Experience)
Benefits: 1 month Fixed Bonus (13th salary), Annual Incentive Plan 7,5% upon performance, Annual Salary Increase subject to personal performance and business conditions, Loss of Earning Insurance, Company contribution to Healthcare Insurance, Monthly Lunch Allowance, 28 days vacation per year.
About our client:
Our client with its parent well-kown company owns multiple famous brands in the industry of artificial and natural zero- and reduced-calorie sweeteners, distributed in more than 90 countries.
They are investing in innovation and brand building to drive long-term profitable growth. With the natural sweetener category experiencing an average of 9% year-over-year growth and one of their famous brand as one of the fastest growing in this specific market, they are positioned to drive incredible brand awareness with consumers and become the go-to sweetener company for everything from coffee and tea to baking needs.
About the role mission:
The EMEA Packaging Engineer will lead packaging projects for the EMEA region as assigned. Projects may involve graphic changes, packaging developments, new suppliers or 3rd party tollers qualification. Act as liaison between commercial groups, plant engineering, production, quality, safety, finance and co-packer groups providing technical and production expertise. Additionally, this position will partner with business to develop and drive new innovation including concept development, project scoping, consumer validation and commercialization.
Lead project activities to ensure scope and objectives are achieved:
- Packaging and new product development to deliver project scope.
- Lead all activities related to the project, from planning, to scheduling, tracking and reporting the status from initiation to final delivery.
- Ensure that project milestones and critical paths are clearly identified, scheduled and tracked or met.
- Participate to weekly/bi-weekly commercialization meetings in support of projects and key initiatives.
- Plant trials and validation for new package/process changes.
- Prepare, review and establish technical or quality documentation related to R&D activities.
- Generate, maintain and provide appropriate Technical Documentation to Manufacturing and Business to produce product (BOM’s, Specifications, Logistics Information, etc).
- Provide R&D elements for graphics and review final graphics for accuracy.
Help initiate and deliver innovation:
- Work with the business group to confirm new concepts.
- Analyze package design and work with operations group to ensure machinery/production compatibility.
- Lead packaging and process qualifications protocols and validation either independently or in conjunction with engineering as required.
Support execution of manufacturing/production standards:
- Provide technical resources as required when performing routine manufacturing validations.
- Responsible for packaging specifications and pallet patterns.
- Support safety, quality and operational initiatives identified for the region.
- Ensure that equipment and facility investments meet quality, safety, ergonomics, environmental and OSHA statistics requirements.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Supply Chain environment, ideally in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Project Management involving Packaging Development.
- Experience in powder/liquid filling, flexible packaging, folding cartons, plastic injection molding.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain activities within an organization in order to quickly execute projects to commercialization stage (NPD, Promotions, Alternative Suppliers, Graphic changes, etc).
- Ability to manage packaging graphics or printing design process and end product quality.
- Project management and follow-through and skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- French native, fluent in English, other language (German) would be a plus.
- Microsoft Office software MS Project.
- Knowledge and understanding about web-based work management and project management softwares such as Workfront, Loftware or Esko is a plus.
- SAP System concept understanding.
- Project experience involving companywide cross-functional teams (Production, Marketing, Purchasing, Finance).
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and communicate effectively the benefits of decisions to all levels of management.
- Someone who enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Not afraid to “roll up sleeves”.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and direct/manage additional projects.
- Ability to prioritize, initiate and drive projects to completion.
- Self-motivated and excellent problem solving skills.
- Someone willing to travel for 15% to 20% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging engineering or close related discipline.
- A Packaging Engineer graduated from l’Ecole Nationale Supérieur d’Ingénieurs de Reims (ESIREIMS) or from l’Ecole Supérieure Européenne de Packaging (ESEPAC) would be a great advantage.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence. Candidates are not required to pay any fee to use our services.