This position is closed.
National Sales Director (Horeca) in Bangkok
Position: National Sales Director (Horeca)
Report to: General Manager, COO
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Top competitive remuneration
Benefits: Flat commissions on National Sales, all business expenses covered, all basic allowances
covered, Health Insurance, etc.
On behalf of one of our estimated client, the 2nd largest Wine group in Japan, No.1 in Fine Wine category, specialized in Retail, Wholesales and e-commerce in Japan and Asian countries, we are currently looking for the top talented National Sales Director (Horeca) to be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
About our client:
Our client has been founded in 1988 and since then became the 2nd largest Wine group in Japan, No.1 in Fine Wine category with a total sales amount of approximately USD 400 mio. Specialized in Retail, Wholesales and e-commerce in Japan and Asian countries such as Hong Kong, China, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
Our client is currently expanding and penetrating the Thailand market planned early 2020.
About the role mission:
The National Sales Director (Horeca) will be responsible for building the overall business in Thailand regarding to Sales with the full support of both the General Manager, COO as well as the Japanese Management. In order to success, he/she will recruit, build, train and lead by example a strong Sales team composed of 5 to 6 staff (1 Sales Manager, 1 Key Account Manager and Sales Executives).
This is a very challenging role as well as a life career opportunity in the industry and the possibility to evolve internationally depending on success.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials and cause studies.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand.
- Complete national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. As well as counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically.
- Work with the Sales, Account Management and Operations, teams to implement targeted sales strategy.
- Generate and maintain accurate Account and Opportunity plans.
- Work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Manage and implement the sales forecasting, planning and buyer driven sales and marketing processes, establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency for the sales and marketing organization.
- Drive the successful implementation and adoption of the sales and marketing automation platforms.
- Report on key KPIs related to the lead and the opportunity waterfall in order to implement a consistent closed-loop between marketing and sales.
- Monitor the quality of marketing and sales information and define data improvement programs.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the Wine industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Fine wines.
- Strong knowledge of Asian markets, preferably the Thai market but not mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Management experience.
- Ability to build a strong Sales team and leading by example, being a mentor.
- Young and dynamic male or female.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English is mandatory, Thai language skills is an advantage, any other language is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or close related discipline.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
Candidates are not required to pay any fee to use our services.