We are hiring!
(EMEA) Procurement Manager in Switzerland
Position: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Procurement Manager
Report to: Global Sourcing & Procurement Director
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: Top remuneration package according to experience
Benefits: 1 month Fixed Bonus (13th salary), Annual Incentive Plan 15% tied to performance against company and individual goal achievement, Annual Salary Increase subject to personal performance and business conditions, Company contribution to Healthcare & Pension Insurance, Monthly Lunch Allowance, 25 days vacation per year, 3 additional days to compensate potential overtime).
On behalf of one of our estimated clients, a worldwide top-leader American company operating in the Food Process industry, manufacturing and selling their products in more than 90 countries worldwide, we are currently looking for the top talented Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Procurement Manager to be based in Switzerland.
About our client:
Our client with its parent well-known company owns multiple famous brands in the industry of artificial and natural zero- and reduced-calorie sweeteners, distributed in more than 90 countries.
They are investing in innovation and brand building to drive long-term profitable growth. With the natural sweetener category experiencing an average of 9% year-over-year growth and one of their famous brand as one of the fastest growing in this specific market, they are positioned to drive incredible brand awareness with consumers and become the go-to sweetener company for everything from coffee and tea to baking needs.
About the role mission:
The EMEA Procurement Manager is responsible for the management of ingredients, commodities, packaging & External Manufacturing (EM) for day to day activities including liaising and managing purchasing relationships with the supply base. Lead and assist in the selection of new suppliers for existing and new packaging, raw material, EM requirements for the region.
Responsible for the generation, population and analyses of key procurement reports for the management team by him/her. Key conduit between suppliers, material analysts, R&D, operations and the global procurement team.
This is a great opportunity to join our client currently proceeding with an important transition in terms of business as they are simultaneously going public as well as implementing a new Global Procurement Strategy within the Company.
The EMEA Procurement Manager will be as well a “change agent”, therefore with a broad experience with Procurement & Purchasing processes and an open mindset for Change Management.
- Strategic sourcing, selection, negotiation, and management of key regional and global supplier options, presenting complete data and full analyses to the Global Sourcing & Procurement Director for final selection.
- Accountability for EMEA sourcing of tolling operations, including QBRs, minor issues resolution, oversight of key metrics and ensuring pricing remains stable for the term of the agreement.
- Presentation of EMEA procurement data for the Regional Leadership Team.
- Procurement representative & responsibility for all Regional New Product Development, including managing procurement documentation and coordination with quality, R&D, and marketing stakeholders.
- Procurement representative at the monthly S&OP reviews and at the executive reviews.
- Data capture and monthly reporting for EMEA productivity, PPV and other related actvities.
- Liaise and negotiate with direct source suppliers on pricing and supply of raw materials and packaging for the region and globally if needed.
- Key procurement contact with external manufacturers, generate price modeling using a BOM or a price calculation from external manufacturers, being the key conduit between finance, technical, planning, commercial and the external manufacturer.
- Maintain and populate suppliers KPI’s on a monthly basis, ensure summaries are generated for review on a quarterly basis with key suppliers.
- Supervise the maintenance of the procurement records, including lists of raw materials and packaging items, costs, delivery conditions, lead-times, MOQ’s, suppliers’ details, highlighting exceptions and opportunities.
- Prepare cost analysis for procuring activities using company reports.
- Supervise the generation and population of procurement reports using legacy systems:
- Annual Forecast usage
- Monthly consumption
- Estimated annualized spend
- Standard price vs. purchase price
- Source list
- Maintain and update the tollers COGS database being the key procurement point of contact with master data.
- Gather and analyze strategic price trends for critical use and high spend categories and commodities within the market place using key benchmarking tools, current and prospective supplier information, and should pay pricing exercises in regional and global markets.
- Keeps records of credit notes from suppliers and reviews suppliers’ purchasing related invoices and credit notes.
- Accountable for understanding, communicating to material analyst and, if appropriate, correcting supplier related constraints for production supplies.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in the organization to achieve optimal resolution of issues, good buy in of sourcing recommendations, and approval for supplier change out where necessary or appropriate.
- Support Safety, environmental, and quality initiatives.
- +5 year’s practical experience in Procurement/Purchasing within a FMCG environment.
- Good Sourcing and Procurement process orientation.
- Strong management skills and significant ability to influence team members and stakeholders.
- Experience or ability in supervising people both internally and externally.
- Ability to independently gather and analyze data and information and formulate high level strategy, build out RFx documents and review competitive bid responses, and make informed purchasing decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to lead face to face meetings and negotiations with suppliers in relation to pricing, service and supply.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in written and oral English, French native would be a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience in SAP & BW reporting preferable.
- Experience involving companywide cross-functional teams (R&D, Production, Marketing, Finance).
- Experience with Change Management and being a “change agent”.
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and communicate effectively the benefits of decisions to all levels of Management.
- Someone who enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Not afraid to “roll up sleeves”.
- Ability to prioritize, initiate and drive projects to completion.
- Self-motivated and excellent problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations (Contract Management & Procurement specialization) or close related discipline.
- Master’s Degree would be a plus but not mandatory.
- Graduates from Business Schools such as EPFL in Switzerland, ESSEC, ESCP and KEDGE in France are very welcome.
Kindly submit a brief Cover Letter and your updated CV with full details about your qualifications and experience including current and expected salary package, notice period and a recent professional photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence. Candidates are not required to pay any fee to use our services.